Review of Amulet

When I was sitting there reading Amulet, it felt like someone was sitting in front of me, quietly reading her story, a story like a poem, but the content of this book is about violence. This is like a combination of violence and cause, showing the sad atmosphere to the reader bit by bit. From page 6, she talked about a vase. When she looked into the darkness inside the vase. I couldn’t help but think of what Nietzsche once said, “Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” It’s like some people are always attracted to the unknown but forget about the potential harm it can bring.

It seems that before September 18, 1968, she still claimed to be the mother of poets, wandering among various scholars, and her life seemed to be full of chaotic stories about poets. A life like this doesn’t seem real, and when poetry and violence meet, everything seems to be waking up. What’s interesting about this book is that Don Quixote is also mentioned. When she saw herself in the mirror, she felt like a female Don Quixote. I think she seems to be saying that what she did in this city, what she went through, was like Don Quixote, against oppression, out of reality, and finally having to return to reality.

The fate of young poets seems to be tragic in this movement against students in Mexican towns, and their lives have lost enthusiasm and are full of confusion and panic. So, some turned into corpses that stink and turn black and lay in the river, and some went to prison and gradually became a member of the secular world. The literature and poetry mentioned throughout this book are like amulets. She described her perception, her hearing, as if she heard their singing, barely rustling, where there were young people, there were children, side by side in the abyss. They cry out in this abyss, hoping someone will come to save them. Even in such an environment, they want to use literature to redeem the world, and literature is like that dust, which is omnipresent and inexhaustible. Like a thin barrier protecting them from the precarious ones. The brutal crackdown that took place in 1968, the history written in blood by the students, set the novel’s brutal, dark tone, as it stated at the outset.

Why did the author name the virtual protagonist he constructed as the “mother of poets”, and what does this show?

1 thought on “Review of Amulet

1. What i do not understood is in truth how you are no longer actually a lot more well-appreciated than you may be right now. You are very intelligent. You realize thus significantly relating to this topic, made me for my part believe it from numerous various angles. Its like women and men aren’t involved until it is one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. At all times deal with it up!