Webcraft

About Me

about.me/phaidra

Return to my digital calling-card and social media hub.

Scribbles and Scrolls: Teaching History in High School, Note by Note-to-Self

scribblesandscrolls.wordpress.com

My personal professional development blog and a working digital archive of teacher’s resources.  A work in-progress, with a wealth of ideas which make me excited to be a teacher.

New Westminster Secondary School – Room 227 Parliament

blogs.ubc.ca/edcongress/

A companion website to my teaching practicum, this is intended as a student resource with daily updates posted under “meetings & minutes” and to give students a realistic environment to interact as a classroom 227 representative.

NWSS SS11 Connect

https://blogs.ubc.ca/msruck/

My class hub for geography, government (above link), and the early 20th century.

An Investigation of Teacher Inquiry: Online Collaboration In Practice.

onceuponaninquiry.weebly.com

A 3-part interactive, academic research series exploring new pedagogies and problems in how students learn with technology aids.

EDCP 305: Digital Design in the Arts, Final project: Adapting Webquests.

parwebquests.weebly.com

This project explores my first observations whether a home-made Webquest was an effective alternative to traditional instructional methods in SS10, Canada in the  19th Century, with varying degrees of success.

UBC Education Student Association

ubcesa.ca

I created a web site for the UBC Education Students’ Association to replace 3 outdated pages.  Proudly hosted in Canada. Created a digital archive for future student representatives to find past reports and enable remote and flexible work during the program.

What really happened to BC Rail?

canscandals.weebly.com/

An exploration of  scandals and corruption as a permanent feature of the Canadian political landscape in this final project for Canadian Curriculum and Pedagogy at UBC.

Sun and Moon Photos

sunandmoonphotos.wordpress.com/

A Tale of Two Degrees is published here, a recreational political documentary I made about my SFU convocation, mainly for the family to enjoy photos and gain a perspective on why under-grad-uation is a Very Big Deal to us.