Welcome to Psi Blog, the Department of Psychology’s community blog. This blog is a platform for exchanging ideas and fostering discussion between us all. And hopefully we’ll have some fun in the process!
This blog allows us to capture and tell the stories of our faculty, students, staff and alumni. It’s a place for the UBC Psychology community to go for insight into our research and teaching activities, our departmental resources, news and updates, and more.
The past year marked a time of exceptional moments for the Department of Psychology. A few highlights:
- Our faculty has received national teaching awards as well as international recognition for the quality of their research.
- We’ve hired a number of remarkable faculty – Steven Barnes (Learning Enhancement), Francis Chen (Health), Rebecca Todd (Cognitive), and Jiaying Zhao (Behavioural Sustainability).
- The department is working on the curriculum design for UBC’s Vantage College.
- A brand new website psych.ubc.ca that showcases the department’s research and accomplishments, while delivering core information about the department.
- The announcement of our director of the Centre for Gambling Research at UBC.
- And last but not least, the selection of our new Department Head, Geoff Hall.
You’ll hear more from Geoff on this very blog, about his vision and goals for the department during his time as Department Head.
On behalf of the entire department, we hope you find this new communication channel to be informative and inspiring. We encourage discussion and as a result, commenting is open. Keep the conversation going and there’s no better way to do it than to comment on, and share, the stories you like.