Unit Three Reflection

Unit 3 was mainly about drafting the formal report and also about writing with the You attitude. These assignments helped me to refine my writing skills. What I appreciate the most is that now I will be able to write in an effective manner to an audience.

Writing the formal report draft was not an easy task at all, but I took a step by step approach and everything seemed to piece together in the end. My formal report was about creating a new AMS sponsored club that would focus on the technical aspect of the job interview for computer science students. I found it difficult to gather good articles about other clubs that focus on the same concept. Luckily, a friend of mine was able to inform me about the Interview Practice Club at The University of Victoria. The format of the activities that I planned for UBC is similar to what they currently have. I was surprised to see that the data collected from my surveys match the idea of creating such a club. It seems that there is a genuine interest in having such a club that will facilitate students with better preparation for the interviews.

Peer reviewing Aya’s formal report draft was an interesting experience. Her report was very well written in terms of organization. The only issues I could find were related to grammar.

Overall, Unit 3 helped me improve my writing skills, and it gave me insight as to where am I am currently in my journey toward improving myself as a writer.