In our symposium, we will discuss various ideas around climate change and rural health services adaptation with community partners, academic institutions, policy makers, health professionals, and health administrators. We aim to identify researchable questions and collaborative partnerships that will drive BC’s climate adaptation forward.
Below are a list of curated and published resources around climate change, sustainability and rural health. If there are additional resources that you come across that could be added to this list, contact us at email@example.com.
Planning Resilient Communities and Adapting Rural Health Services in British Columbia Responding to climate change and ecosystem disruption
- Chapter 1: Assessing the impact of climate change on the current situation in British Columbia
- Chapter 2: Mitigation and Prevention Strategies
- Chapter 3: Climate Adaptation Strategies
- Chapter 4: Rural Health Strategies to Respond to ecosystem disruption in BC (To be released)
Building climate-resilient rural communities
Check out our interactive story map that visually summarizes the data we have collected and stories shared.
- Climate action map. Government of Canada 2019.
- B.C. Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy. Preliminary Strategic Climate Risk Assessment for British Columbia. Ministry of Environment and Climate Strategy; 2019.
- Ostry A, Ogborn M, Bassil KL, Takaro TK, Allen DM. Climate Change and Health in British Columbia: Projected Impacts and a Proposed Agenda for Adaptation Research and Policy. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2010;7:1018–35.
- McAslan A. Community Resilience: Understanding the Concept and its Application 2010.