Tic Tac Tax

It’s that time of the year again.

Except that doesn’t mean anything to me. Taxes? Yes, we do pay taxes in Guatemala… I guess.

The thing is, I’ve never filled out a tax form, and I’m not even talking about a Canadian tax form.

Fortunately for me, and for all those international students with no idea of what to do with their tax forms in the SSC, I.House has a really helpful program called UBC TACS.

All you have to do is set up an appointment here, print out some forms, go to I.House, watch them fill out everything for you, ask a few questions about all those papers (maybe in three years you’ll understand how it works!) and send a big envelope to somewhere in Ontario.

And I haven’t even written the best part… You might end up receiving money back from the government!

AMAZING, I know.

About Valentina

I'm from a small and beautiful town next to a big and amazing lake in Guatemala.
This entry was posted in International. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *