Blog #10 Dell profit more than doubles

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/dell-profit-more-than-doubles/article1805002/ Dell has been an innovative company started by an entrepreneur who understood the demands and needs of the market. They have been successful in the computer market to offer personalized computers and in November, their profits have been doubled. Most of that was due to the demand for companies to replace aging technology, and since each different company needs specialized functions, Dell was the one company who could provide that for them. However, at the same time, Dell has been able to keep costs of production from rising too fast. This has allowed their brand to be widely known, and is a strategy they have used to present their point of difference. They have also been smart, like most businesses to prey on consumers during holiday season, however, unlike other suppliers, they are able to offer unique products. With more and more companies and products emerging out with a growingly competitive market, it is essential for companies to differentiate themselves. As a consumer, I find myself having differentiation and visibility as an important factor when I make my purchases. These are important concepts to grasp as a business.