Shasin Hamal's Blog

Surprising Salesman

October 8th, 2012 · No Comments

Future Shop? Yes, one store that we all think of when it comes to electronics. Laptops, desktops, home theater systems, PS3 games, etc. You name it…it’s all there.  When it comes to buying something new, everyone gets all excited.  I sure was when I bought my first iPod touch back in 2008.  While purchasing the iPod, the sales associate  offered me warranty which he made sound totally worth my $60. The warranty would replace my iPod on the spot, at the counter,  if it had any glitches , battery life problems, or if for some reason it was not working. Wow…what a deal! Being quite the new product back then, and having heard some stories about its battery life, I bought it.

6 months in of the 2 year warranty, my iPod’s volume button stopped working.  So as per the salesman’s advice, I went to Future Shop and took it for a replacement. I definitely did not get the “warranty coverage” he had told me of. Instead, the iPod would have to be sent to the Future Shop factory first, which would take 4-6 weeks to get it fixed. No one told me this when I bought the warranty!

The sales associate who lied, and sold me the warranty and iPod surely made his commission.  But made one VERY ANGRY customer.  If you’re planning on buying an iPod with warranty, the Apple store would be your best bet.

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.