Fourth Week of the Long Practicum

Its already week four of the long practicum. I have no idea where time goes.

As I reflect on my practicum I see a growth in myself and my students. I feel my students are improving their behaviour when I am teaching. It makes a huge difference when you are in front of the class either for longer intervals at a time or more often. They are responding positively to my strategies of getting their attention. I am very content with the students.

Last week as a class we created a road map for our social studies unit. As a class we are asking a big question which will be answered by answering three smaller question. I have started to update the boards so the students can see where we are as a class. Looking at the board my students are starting to question and expand their “I wonders…” Sometimes they ask questions that even I do not know how to answer. I am happy I am able to get my students to question what they are learning.

Its been a good week for both myself and my students.

Read 1 comment

1. The wonder questions are great beginnings for your students to begin their learning journey. It is OK that you don’t know the answers to many questions. Letting them know that you will learn together and sharing that excitement models the joy that learning provides!