Reflect: Bye Comm 296

What did you learn about teams, yourself, and marketing?

Whenever I heard the word, “Marketing”, I had a reaction with rejection, saying no way. I do not know the exact reason, but I hated Marketing. When my friends asked about which specialization I will choose in third year, I would say, I am not sure, but definitely not marketing. I always thought myself as NOT creative and think Marketing = Creativity. It was just my stereo type or misconception about marketing. Comm 296 has changed the way I see marketing and I am glad that I have actually learned and changed. As I learn about intro of marketing, I realize that marketing is much more complex than I thought. There are a lot to know about marketing such as different terminologies and concepts. It is just not about being creative. It approaches to me with more interesting and interactive manner. Although this class is just a beginning of knowing marketing, it is a good opportunity for me to think about what I really want to do. It is still awkward for me to deal with marketing as if I meet a new person, but I think I am only one step closer to marketing and I hope in the future, I would be more closer and comfortable with marketing like the way I do to my best friends.

This was the first time I felt the group work was actually working and succeeded in a way that everyone had contributed with harmony and had enjoyed the group projects. Still we had some tough times when we got a not so great mark on the second assignment and when we were producing the video project, but it seemed like we as a group figured out how we should overcome these situations and how we should solve them. Everyone was friendly and I actually enjoyed the group work and felt that I was working on a project with my best friends. It was that comfortable and this was a great opportunity for me to know the awesome friends. Great memory Team! And hope we will work on assignment together in the future with the same member!! 🙂

http://www.hub81.com/bye-bye-marketing/

blogs.ubc.ca/comm296

03. April 2013 by sungwonyoon
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment