Cafe in UBC

It is so hard to get a coffee at night in UBC. Especially for students who stay up late study at their residence. Both Timhortons and Starbucks closed early before it’s getting dark. Residence dining halls are supposed to close at 8:30 but usually close before 8:00pm.

Based my own experience, on weekends, when I come back from shopping downtown and walk back with my friends on University Blvd, I feel so cold so that I want to get a cup of hot cameral macchiato from Starbucks. However they are always closed already.

Moreover, the cafes on ubc campus also close early on weekdays. When students finish meeting from HA and go ahead to Timhortons, it is so embarrassed that the door is already locked.

In my opinion, the cafe on ubc campus should extend their working hours especially during winter. Maybe also in summer, too. In order to provide students a better environment, there should be more Timhortons and Starbucks open near students’ residences. It is a valuable investment for a business man to start new cafes on ubc campus.

In a student’s opinion,  the cafes which opens at night with a quite environment which locates close to students’ residence will attract lots of profits in the future. If I have extra stock of money in my bank account, I will try to open a cafe in Starbucks near Place Vanier or Totem park. Since Marine drive is more close to Place Vanier, I’d like to consider more about opening one between Marine Drive and Place Vanier.

Today it was raining heavily on ubc campus. My friend who owns a car stays in starbucks and studies there for the whole afternoon. After that, she bought a cup of coffee and driven home. I went to starbucks to study with her. By the time I got there, my pants were totally wet and I felt super cold. It seems so far to walk from dorm to SUB in such a cold day.