Comments on “Lemons. The Lulu Kind.”

Today I would like to comment on the blog post named “Lemons. The Lulu Kind.” in the Canadian Marketing Blog.

In this post, it has remind me of the importance of how a company’s image can be affected by its actions. Although many people said that they will not be influence by the action that Lululemon has done, many others are not satisfied of it and said that they would stop buying from Lululemon.

Those who are not influnced are most likely the die-hard fans for Lululemon while others, which is the large majority of consumers, are not. This can indeeed greatly affect how others think about the company’s image or what the brand’s motto is. Only one wrong action from the company can damage the image of itself which had been built for years.

For me, who is not a die-hard fans of Lululemon, surely has been affected by what it has done. I think that they should actually just take the failure of GAP as an example and learn from it that what they should or should not do. Now, instead of doing this, the make the news as a sarcastic issue, which I view as taking a revenge when its rival is already in a trouble.This makes me believe that the company’s underlined motto is take revenge whenever you have the chance and the chance is best when you’re rival is already in trouble.

For me, I hope to make my rivals as friends in the future. I do not want to have any rivals in my life if I can. The action that Lululemon has taken definitely cannot bring about this. So, I am in the opposite side of what it has done. Also, becuase of this, I think that wearing clothes of Lululemon does not represent the true me! I think I would not buy any clothes from them anymore.