Final Marketing Post, Reflection, and Thoughts!

First off, wowwwwww…… Quick semester!

Overall, I really did enjoy marketing with Tamar and really thought it was a much more engaging class then any other business course I’ve taken thus far. I enjoyed Tamar’s teaching style and the active participation that was encouraged. I really do feel it helped me to learn and kept me engaged in thinking of my own examples that I could share to the class, even when I hadn’t done all the assigned readings. 🙂

In regards to the video project I thought it was a good way to break away from the norm of business presentations, however, I’m not sure if it was very effective. In a business presentation a group is forced to prepare for different outcomes, scenarios, questions, and to gear the presentation towards the target audience. While the video still conveyed the overall same message we as a group struggled to “creatively” represent our company with an engaging that video that he hoped will capture our audience. I think like many groups we struggled to find the correct balance between creativity, information and effectiveness in conveying our message, while not trying to sacrifice any part. Personally, I don’t find presentations to be that stressful, but I know others do so this was a good way to break from the overall trend. I liked the change from normal presentations, but putting together a video is easily 10x the preparation. Each minute of video takes hours of coordination of team members, script writing, and editing which is much more then a presentation. If I must ever make another business video again I would definitely try to a have a script prepared a much earlier stage and formalize the process earlier as well.

Overall COMM 296 has a sparked a great interest in marketing for me personally, and I hope to continue to find out more. I would really like to get involved in sports marketing where I could take my past experiences to help create new ideas for a company and work closely with something that I’m passionate about. Thank you to Tamar for sparking this interest in me and for your dedication to teaching this course! Have a great SUMMER to all my classmates and professors!

03. April 2013 by thomasmoult
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment