RE: Angus Thiele’s “I#WantAnR8 Too!!”

Reading Angus’s blog post titled “I#WantAnR8 Too!!” really got me thinking! Ok ok….. Maybe its just because I’m like any other guy and am completely consumed by thought of driving an Audi R8 and thats what made be read it, but then I did think of it in a marketing sense!

Julie McCoy is a prime example of how consumers know best. And I don’t mean they just know the best brands, but rather know the best way to be reached. Audi is at the pinnacle of the “driving experience” with the R8 and much of the car world knows this, however, very few get to actually experience it. Audi reached out to their consumers and hopefuls on a much more personal level by letting Julie drive the R8, even if only for a weekend. This brought a huge amount of positive media to Audi, as well as really helped to strengthen their brand and overall image. Angus hit the nail on the head when he said “#WantAnR8 became such a successful trend because it stemmed from a brand connecting to an individual consumer, rather than them trying to reach the masses on a less personal level. However this individual experience that was then shared with the masses ended up connected Audi to many more than just Julie McCoy.”

I think more luxury companies need to do this! Meaning more luxury companies need to let your average median-level income consumers try out their products, or services, because you never know when good word of mouth will get around, or when a rich friend awaits!

Good job to both Angus and Audi! Hope both of us get to drive one soon!

#WANTANR8

31. March 2013 by thomasmoult
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment