Swag, Swag, Swag….. Swagger!

In response to Seth’s Marketing Blog Post: “Swagger”

Is “Swagger” a real term now, or still a term most used in Urban Dictionary? Either way Seth Godin’s latest blog post, Swagger ,raises some great points on what it means to have said “Swagger” and what it can mean for you!

Even though I have little experience in marketing for large companies, or corporations, I know that the key to selling and earning respect is confidence. Portraying confidence had a drastic effect when I was selling Wakeboards, and Wakesurf Boards last summer in Calgary. If I aired a sense of confidence I noticed people were way more likely to listen and purchase the items I was selling. Seth’s problem is not with using confidence or swagger to portray a marketing message, or selling an idea or item, but rather with what happens when your cross paths with someone that has more SWAG then you?! If someone has more confidence then you Seth says to show all your cards, and let them know what you know. HOWEVER, never should you make up anything to appear that have more swagger then you actually. Showing the extent of your knowledge can be a key way to effectively market something and competition can bring out the knowledge in all of us. “Substance without swagger slows you down. But swagger without substance can be fatal.” This quote is my key takeaway from this article! One must learn how to use swagger effectively, myself included, but always be aware that if you carry the swag, but shouldn’t be someone is going to raise the flag!

VERY TRUE! Swagger is earned!

29. March 2013 by thomasmoult
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment