Apr 09 2010

New Japanese E-books

Published by at 4:46 pm under E-Resources,New Titles

I am happy to announce that we have just purchased over 120 Japanese-language e-books from netLibrary. To access this collection, please go to the netLibrary information page (after logging into your myVPN if accessing from home), and click on “via the web”.

How can you search inside the e-books? Simply enter your Japanese search term(s) in the search box and choose “Japanese” from the drop-down menu to the right.
netlibrary5_arrow

You can also browse for Japanese e-books by doing the following:

1. Choose “e-books” from the “In our collection” section to the far right of the home page.
  2. netlibrary6_arrow

3. Limit by “Japanese”
  4. (note: you may need to reset this limit if you click on “next page”)

netlibrary4_arrow

2 responses so far

2 Responses to “New Japanese E-books”

1. Nathenon 14 Apr 2010 at 12:11 pm

After I enter a search term and my limits, I click on “search,” but the screen doesn’t change– is anyone else having trouble getting the search function to work?

2. Shirinon 14 Apr 2010 at 12:29 pm

Hmm, that’s strange!

Have you tried using an English search term? It seems as though the database does not automatically search all languages, but whatever language is selected in the limits (and the default is English). Make sure that “Japanese” is selected at all times for Japanese-language searches.

Are you using a Mac? The database works better with the Safari browser on Macs.

If neither of these suggestions are helpful, please let me know, and we’ll try and figure out something else.

Shirin

Trackback URI | Comments RSS