This January, the GSCS is pleased to bring you a seminar about the issue weighing on every graduate student’s mind: Publication. We are excited to have professors Richard Carpiano and Neil Gross as our speakers for this event. The seminar will address a variety of questions about the publishing process, including:
– How does the publication process work?
– What kind of papers do academic journals look for?
– What are the standards of quality necessary for getting your paper accepted?
– What to do next when your paper is rejected/accepted/accepted with revisions
– Other questions you might have
UBC Professor Neil Gross, the editor of Sociological Theory, will be addressing these questions as well as many others. Professor Richard Carpiano, who has published extensively in the fields of sociology, public and population health, will tell you more about what it’s like to be a reviewer, how to respond to reviews, and how to write a good review for others.
This event will take place on
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
11:30AM – 1:00PM
in ANSO 2107.
We are extremely thankful for Profs. Carpiano and Gross for sharing their invaluable knowledge with us, and we hope to see strong attendance for this event. Please feel free to invite friends and colleagues from the undergraduate program or other departments as well.
We look forward to seeing you there!