About me

The beauty of Mother Nature mesmerizes me. Hefty pumpkin in a feeble tendril, tiny cherries in a giant tree, and the color brought about by different seasons, nature is truly amazing! I feel blessed to be a part of this wonder as I grew up playing with birds, bugs, and butterflies. I wonder, how perfect this nature is and how well she has managed to accommodate the diverse living and nonliving matter. My love for nature and wildlife, and passion towards conservation motivated me to find a career in the field of environmental sciences.

I completed my high school and college degrees in Nepal. Upon completion of my undergraduate degree from Tribhuvan University, I pursued a Masters of Science degreedd8 in Kathmandu University (KU), Nepal. Meanwhile, I worked as an ‘Environmental Officer’ for the Ministry of Urban Development, Nepal in collaboration with Asian Development Bank. After I completed my MSc degree from KU, I worked, as a coordinator, for the Environmental Graduates in Himalaya.  

Besides my academic work, I am a socially active person. I have been acting as a student, teacher, trainer, officer, and mentor as well as have been participating in many academic and non-academic programs. With all of my activities, I have developed a solid skill foundation in public work, teamwork, leadership, and problem solving.

Academic Background

PhD. enrolled Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta 

Edmonton, AB

MSc. Earth and Environmental Sciences, The University of British Columbia Okanagan,s4b282c2015

Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7

MSc. Environment and Natural Resources, Kathmandu University15

Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal

BSc. Environmental Science, Tribhuvan Universitytulogo

Kirtipur, Kathmandu,  Nepal

Awards and Scholarships
  • Graduate Student Travel Fund, Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology Graduate Scholarship Trust: September 2020-August 2021
  • Harry J Hargrave Memorial Gradate Scholarship in Animal Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB: September 2020-August 2021
  • Honorary AwardEarth and Environmental Sciences Graduate Society Poster Competition, UBC, Okanagan: March 2017
  • MitacsAccelerate Graduate Research Award: August 2015-August 2016