Work Experience

Coordinator-Environmental Graduates in Himalaya 

I worked as a coordinator in the Environmental Graduates in Himalaya (EGH) at the Resources Himalaya Foundation (RHF), Nepal. As EGH-coordinator, my duty was to look for external grants, to guide and facilitate graduate students in fields, such as environmental sciences, zoology, botany, and forestry, from different universities.

During my six months tenure in EGH-RHF, I raised NPR 81, 697 as graduate research funds for the organization by organizing various seminars and trainings. As EGH-coordinator, I have organized five forums, six trainings, six discussion programs, two seminars, one graduate thesis competition, two symposiums, one exhibition, one tree plantation event, and published 25 issues of the ‘Headlines Himalaya’ e-newsletter. Moreover, I initiated the young researcher thesis competition (7 MT- Minute thesis competition) in Nepal in 2014.

Glimpses of Environmental Graduates in Himalaya
1 13 14 3
5 5 11 10
12 11 7 6
8 3 2a 3a-2
Environmental Officer

I had worked as an ‘Environmental Officer’ for the Ministry of Urban Development, Nepal in collaboration with Asian Development Bank. It was a temporary appointment where I conducted a baseline survey on waste generation and management in Bhaktapur municipality, Nepal. I had the opportunity to work with people from local to the organizational level. Data generated by my team provided clear information about the average quantity and types of waste generated in Bhaktapur Municipality on a daily basis. I created a guideline to the local government to the national level in updating their ongoing management system to increase efficiency in waste management on the local level. Although it was a brief period, I had the opportunity to demonstrate my leadership and communication skills for a solid cause.