dazed and confused in vancouver

September 18th, 2008 · 2 Comments

There is something intrinsically beautiful about having a canceled lecture on Thursdays.  On a day where I have 5.5 hours of class, it’s like having Christmas come early!  I do believe that this shall be classified under “wellness”.  🙂

ENGL 110 has taught me a meaningless jumble of repeated monosyllabic words can be considered poetry.  I mean, hell, I can be a poet too, if that’s the case!

Bird.  Hour.  Wait.  Tire.  Pray.  Death.  Bird.
See, I’m a flipping genius.  It took me all of 5 seconds to come up with brilliance.

Sorry, I’m somewhat disdainful of poetry, especially the type that makes no apparent sense.  Hopefully ENGL 110 will give me an appreciation for it?

Tags: ENGL 110

2 responses so far ↓

• Humaira // Sep 27th 2008 at 12:38 pm

I found your poetry quite touching. =) You ARE a genius!

• Phoebe Yu // Oct 2nd 2008 at 12:50 am

I agree with Humaira. The frequent use of commas in your poem obviously indicates that the series of events takes place in a chaotic setting, giving the readers a sense of uncertainty. The staccato structure juxtaposes the circle-of-life-idea that is based on the theme of nature. The fact that the word “death” is the only one out of the list that has five letters subtly suggests the death removes normalcy and brings change, thus allowing the author to take readers on an effervescent journey of disillusionment and self-discovery.

What the heck did I just say?! Okay that’s it, no more coffee & cookies for dinner.