Personal Branding – Get Online!

I was so interested when alumni Tina Lu shared how her Linkedin profile was a huge part of how she found connections and job opportunities. I had just attended a workshop where Julio Viskovich shared about the effective use of social media as part of your personal brand. He referenced a blog post by Gerry Moran on building the perfect Linkedin profile, and it led me to another post about how to measure your personal branding success on Linkedin.

I am usually more of a passive user on sites like Facebook, usually only connecting with people if I’ve met them in real life for security reasons. I found it fascinating how these social selling experts used social media to actively promote themselves and strategically reach out to connect with other people in the business community. Instead of trying to make sure people don’t stalk them using the Internet, they want to be known for their work. They made me look at these social media outlets as tools, and showed me that you can be just as strategic about your digital footprint as you are about your resume. In modern times, your online presence is now considered a vital part of your personal brand. I will definitely be creating a Linkedin profile as soon as possible!

27. October 2013 by victoriayang
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment