Mini Update (Nov 7th Session)!

I came into PHG today and there was a big meeting going on – they were discussing plans about the new Polygon Gallery and just the logistics of everything. Diane made blackberry pie as well and it was so good, like seriously, SO GOOD. I totally pigged out, the pie wasn’t too sweet and there was just a good amount of tartness from the fresh berries, YUMMM (I overheard that she used lard instead of shortening and butter – I was surprised because usually people don’t use lard for baking?)

I also started taking some time to look through some of the books as well and I’ve skimmed through some really interesting ones – One book consists of a bunch names where each person writes the name of the person that was before them. The book explained that the writer writing someone else’s name is the author, but they also become the artwork as another person writes their name – so they are both the art and the author of someone else’s name. I thought that was super interesting when applied to the idea of origin and authorship, and how the names are authentic and original but at the same time not quite in a sense…?

Anyways, I have attached a photo of the office meeting and book with names as well as the pie of course!

I also attached a view from the pier at North Van…because I thought the city line of Vancouver looked nice 🙂