Project Outline/Goals

Project Outline:

My partnership at VIVO Media Arts Centre is very unstructured, meaning, there is no specific project or task that I am assigned to. Because of this, I don’t have a real “plan of attack.” My initial meeting with Elisa Ferrari was done over the phone, where we discussed my required hours and availability. I have a set schedule (about one day, every other week) where I help Elisa with various tasks for the monthly even series, thirstDays.

So far, my tasks at VIVO have included organizing posters, printing and preparing pamphlets for events, and updating pages on the VIVO website (a lot of the work involves me sitting behind a computer).

I am required to be at the next thirstDays event on November 24th. I am going to be helping promote this event by hanging posters around UBC campus and working with the curators on preparing props for the event. I will also be helping with serving food and drinks at the event.

Goals:
Because my partnership doesn’t involve a set project, my main goal has been to be generally helpful to the staff at VIVO, however possible. I have noticed that everyone at VIVO works relatively quietly on their own tasks, so I try to be as self-sufficient as possible.
A more personal goal of mine is to learn about video art. I have always worked in more classical mediums of drawing and painting, and I am quite ignorant about new media forms. My (short amount of) time at VIVO has increased my interest in this realm, especially because they hold workshops that anyone can take. I hope to take a workshop at VIVO in the future.