Revised Complaint Letter and Response Letter

Complaint Letter

Eva Ruiz

4455 West 7th Ave,

Vancouver, BC, V6T 1C4

Phone (407)777-2966 Email evabelen1100@gmail.com

July 20th, 2020

Evo Car Share

332 Water St, Unit 205,

Vancouver, BC, V6B 1E5

Phone 1 (844)860-5307 Email info@evo.ca

Dear Evo Customer Service,

I have been using Evo car share for over six months now as a convenient and reliable way to move around the city of Vancouver. However due to recent events with a car rental I am disappointed and let down by the service available.
On June 20th, I rented a car starting at 10 am and ending at 2 pm, totaling 4 hours of car use. Once I exited the vehicle it stated that the car should close itself 15 seconds after leaving the car. As this is usually the reliable way of closing the car I began to walk away knowing that the car should lock itself. As a customer of your service I ensured that the car was in park, off, and in the home zone. Additionally, all lights were off, car doors closed, and the was key in place. However, once returning to the app the car was still being rented by me. Upon my discovery, at 4 pm, I quickly called customer service (1 (844)860-5307) to alert them of the issue. After calling five separate times to your phone lines with each of the calls being dropped I was left frustrated with the responsibility of the car and the inability to use the service. Unable to contact your team I called again early the next morning, June 21st, 8:30 am, to once again have my calls drop. At 10 am I gained access to the car where I pressed the road assist button to finally get ahold of someone. Finally, when someone answered my call we were able to pinpoint the issue of the key sensor malfunctioning as to the reason the car wouldn’t close. The person who I talked to was very uninterested as to any of my concerns about the issue and hung up before I could explain the full extent of my problem.
Despite my numerous calls during work hours and my complaints in the car, Evo has failed to reach out or ensure that their cars and their customers are safe.
I ask that I only be billed for the hours of 10 am to 2 pm on June 20th as those were the hours I was driving the car. Additionally, I request that the Evo website and numbers be updated with new numbers, new hours, or voicemail to further inform customers during this time.
I would like to continue being a customer of Evo car share as it is the best carshare service in Vancouver. I hope that this issue will be resolved as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Eva Ruiz

Customer of Evo Carshare

Response Letter

Evo Car Share

332 Water St, Unit 205,

Vancouver, BC, V6B 1E5

Phone 1 (844)860-5307 Email info@evo.ca

June 20th, 2020

Eva Ruiz

4455 West 7th Ave,

Vancouver, BC, V6T 1C4

Dear Ms. Ruiz,

Thank you for drawing our attention to this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience and hardship that this error has caused you. It is important to us, Evo Car Share, that you feel safe and valued as a customer and we aim to give you the best service that we can.

I have personally investigated your case and have found that the car was only moving between 10am and 2pm on June 20th, therefore your account will only be billed for those hours. It does appear that the car rented had a malfunction and was unable to register the key in the car, which explains the error in billed hours. Your account should update within 10 minutes of this email and I will monitor your account to ensure that the transaction goes through. I understand your frustration with customer service so far and I hope that this resolves the issue of the bill.

As a result of the COVID Pandemic, many of our customer service lines are down and we are working as hard as we can to get them back and running in the safest way possible. We are working to update our websites and our customers as we figure out how to manage during these difficult times.

Due to this complication, we would like to offer you 30 minutes of free driving time. We greatly appreciate your loyalty as a customer and hope this resolves any and all issues. Please reach out if you have any further questions regarding this transaction.

Sincerely,

Jackson Brom

Evo Customer Service