Web Folio Creation

The process of creating a web folio was challenging because of the sheer amount of components that it requires. Each section was carefully edited to ensure the highest quality of writing with adherence to technical communications formatting. Though I had used UBC blogs before I am still not fluent in each aspect of the site and this project helped me become more familiar with each of the nuances.

The home page was easy to put together as it was one of the last pieces of writing that I created for the web folio, which meant that I had time to reflect and edit all the other components of my website. Reflections for units 1-3 were somewhat simple as they had already been written and were close to reflection. In a way, writing the final two reflections for the course was the most difficult as there is so much content to consider. Attaching a hyperlink to my LinkedIn profile was as simple as attaching the link because I had made the edits quickly after Christina had made her suggestions due to the fact that possible employers could be viewing the website. My resume, having it been already created was an easy attachment as an assignment and as an addition to this website. The job application process was very exciting for me as it ended up pointing me in the direction of a position that I am eager for. Revisiting the best work from the course was a similar process to that of the reflections of units 1-3 as I had, once again, put them together with great care.

The hardest part of creating the web folio was organizing and creating the website in a user-friendly way. Adding pages and subpages for some sections were difficult to order in a way that made sense. After figuring out UBC blog’s navigation system and watching a couple videos I was able to complete the website in a way that I found satisfying.

As most of my work and resume had already been made with extreme attention to detail, adding the reflections and revisions of my work didn’t take much time. Formatting my resume to fit within this interface took a bit of tweaking as the headers of each section didn’t copy and past well, though with a bit of work I was able to make it look like the original. Reading over the work that I have done throughout this summer session and through my academic career was very assuring to me as a present and future academic/businesswoman as they highlighted my accomplishments.