Unit 2

Unit two was challenging as its assignments were more in number and frequency.

The LinkedIn assignment gave me the opportunity to refresh my profile and give it a depth that it had previously lacked. Filling in all aspects of the platform should enable more professional networking within my desired field. 

The formal report proposal proved to be challenging in two aspects. The first, being that the subject was difficult to settle on. As the report focuses on the issues encountered by teachers, specifically behavioral interventionists, it was hard to pinpoint authority as the underlying problem. The second was fitting the idea into the format of the formal writing proposal. This was especially hard because the example in the textbook and the other proposals written by the scribes focused on extremely different problems. With the feedback from the scribes and Professor Paterson as well as all the writing assignments completed for this unit the final report seems more attainable. I have concerns over how to incorporate the interviews into “data” or into a presentable form in the final report, however, these matters can be solved closer to the deadline. 

Reviewing Michaela’s formal report was very valuable to read, not only as a student but as a writer completing the same assignment for a different subject. The ideas throughout the report were clearly expressed and highlighted pressing issues for universities and their students. Michaela’s work provided an excellent second example of how different issues/problems can fit into the provided formatting. 

Overall, the peer review process has been hugely beneficial throughout the unit. It has helped develop my professional communication and highlight areas of improvement both specifically and generally for my writing. Reviewing different partners within the scribes has exposed me to vastly different fields as well as writing styles. Seeing each of them write within a given format has expanded my definition of good writing to beyond the basics of grammar, spelling, and structure. The process of review has helped solidify my strengths and call out my weaknesses. Due to the professional review process and excellent team members, I have been able to work with the criticisms to produce a more polished writing piece. Expressing ideas clearly and concisely comes with ever greater ease as I work together with my team of scribes.

301 “Eva Ruiz” Revised Formal Proposal

301 “Eva Ruiz” Michaela’s Peer Review