Biography

Hi everyone,

My name is Zainab Rauf Tramboo and I am a fourth-year Bachelors of International Economics student at UBC. Coming from the disputed and conflict-ridden territory of Kashmir, I always wanted to pursue a career that would allow me to make a direct positive impact on global communities. Little or big. I wanted to make a difference for not just one person but for communities. Thus, I chose to study economics. Economics allows me to study the beautifully complex power dynamics of our world, the crux of how some countries made it big, how financial markets work, how government policies are made catering to the unique circumstances of each nation etc.

Currently, I work part-time as a Financial Analyst at Oreninc. I daily examine news releases of the junior mining stock market companies from a quantitative standpoint and log the numerical data on Oreninc’s website. This helps me provide our clients with fast and brief financial information regarding the current happenings at the mining market. I also recently concluded my position as Vice President Analyst at UBC Red Cross. After I graduate, I would like to combine the work I mentioned above into one. I would like to pursue a career rooting from economics and finance that leads to the betterment of our global community i.e. work in an international organization that helps governments or organizations of different countries make optimum policies and decisions in order to enable their countries to flourish financially and economically. 

I am thrilled to be a part of this course as it will help me develop my professional business writing skills, which are a must-have as an aspiring economist. I look forward to working with and learning from my peers and instructor for this course!