Welcome to my ENGL 301 Blog!

Standard

Hello!

This blog is intended for my professor and fellow students in English 301: Technical Writing. Within you’ll find information about me and representations of my work for both this course and others which I have taken at UBC. All the opinions stated herein are my own and do not represent the University or any other institutional body. All photographs herein are subsequently my own unless otherwise stated.

I will be regularly updating the blog in accordance with the course outline in order to improve my technical writing skills. Posts will include projects I’m currently working on, my thoughts regrading current events, and my interests more broadly as the blog moves beyond the audience of ENGL 301.

English 301 is a course dedicated to writing techniques in a professional landscape. The major objectives of this course are outlined on the Instructor’s Blog as:

1. to introduce you through course readings and activities to the distinctive elements of writing in business, professional, and technical contexts;
  2. to provide you with opportunities to practice and perfect in a series of shorter assignments and longer projects the strategies and techniques particular to writing in these contexts;
  3. to engage you with your classmates in online discussion, peer review, and analysis of documents produced for business, professional, and technical contexts;
  4. to direct you to the considerable resources available to you through UBC’s Career Services unit;
  5. to involve you in developing and designing an online portfolio in two forms: a Linked in profile with accompanying references and a professionally designed website that also presents your resume;
  6. to encourage and assist you in reflecting on your writing and developing self-editing skills.

My expectations for this course are that I meet those objectives, and that I develop the skills necessary to succeed in an increasingly online professional environment.