It has been a long and strange journey as I finally reached the end of the ENGL301 course.

I remember beginning the course with a strong desire to improve my communication skills and to get out of my shell and be more proactive when interacting with other students. I remember wanting to communicate and clarify the misunderstandings between China and the rest of the world due to misconceptions portrayed by the media.

And then I was quarantined due to COVID-19, which resulted in my disappearance in the course for a month. That really put a dent in my plans.

The assignments were definitely great learning opportunities, although playing catch-up on the initial part of it was a very exhausting experience, especially when there were parts of the course where a lot of things were assigned at once. I am not terribly great at time organization, therefore I definitely did not space out my time well, although I did try my best to submit everything on time as much as I could. My ability to stay objective definitely helped with writing the peer reviews. My goal was to only provide constructive feedback where necessary; if they did a good job on something, then I will write as it is.

Overall, I think the opportunity to work on some of the examples that we will encounter in our future careers and receive peer feedback on our writing will better prepare us for our roles.