This fall, the Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities, will host a one-day national forum for youth with disabilities and youth who have life experience, work experience or academic experience related to disability. The event is part of the Government of Canadas consultation process to inform the development of planned accessibility legislation.
This is your opportunity to:
– join other youth from across the country and share your ideas on how to improve accessibility and inclusion for people with disabilities in Canada;
– showcase what you have done to remove barriers for people with disabilities; and
– inspire other youth to demonstrate their leadership in promoting the participation of all Canadians in society, including those with disabilities.
The forum will take place on November (tbc), 2016 in Ottawa, Ontario. The date and location of the Forum will be confirmed with participants who are selected. Travel and accommodation expenses for selected participants will be paid, according to Treasury Board of Canada guidelines. Seats are limited, so see if you meet the participant selection criteria below, and send us your application by September 15, 2016.
In order to ensure a broad representation of perspectives, the selection process will take into consideration regional, linguistic, gender and other demographic factors. We also encourage you to participate in the consultation in other wayseither by attending one of the in-person public sessions or through the online consultation website.
Criteria for participation:
– You must be between 15 and 30 years old at the time of the forum.
– You must be a resident of Canada.
– You must have a disability or have life experience, academic experience or work experience related to disability and accessibility.
– You must be able to demonstrate how you have shown leadership or involvement in an area related to disability and accessibility, in your community, your region, or nationally.
Submitting an application: The deadline for the submission of all applications is September 15, 2016. Only complete applications submitted by this date will be considered. Please fill in the application form and send the completed form, along with accompanying documents, (or the URL to your public or private video submission describing your experience) to email@example.com or by fax to 819-994-4797.
You can also complete the online application form below. If you are selected to participate in this forum, we will contact you by September 30, 2016 with follow-up instructions, including more detailed questions to determine your participation needs.
Download a National Youth Forum Application Form accessible PDF.
Complete the application form online:
If you would like to receive information in another format, including large print, braille, e-text, or Digital Accessible Information System (DAISY), please contact the Office for Disability Issues.
For all information:
– See more at: