Professional Growth

I engage in ongoing professional growth because I love to learn. It is as simple as that. Learning excites me, pushes me and fuels me personally, professionally and academically.  I recently took the Strengths Finder and, unsurprisingly, my top three strengths were:  Learner, Intellection, and Input. To me, all these have to do with loving to learn!

Short workshops & events I have attended:

Because it is so important to me, I regularly attend  teaching- and learning- related workshops and also participate in events related to my research in higher education. The variety of events I attend is reflective of my broad interests; topics range from using your voice in the teaching, designing a course, to the scholarship of teaching and learning.

To find out more about my specific interests and see a list events I have attended over the past few years, please click here.

Conferences I have presented at:

I  regularly attend and present at conferences. I  prefer conferences where the atmosphere is  supportive and collegial and there is ample room for discussion; it is frequently during these discussions that I learn most.

For a list of conferences at which I have participated in and presented at, please see here.

Photo credit: Nature Scenes by sagesolar (CC BY)