Blog

Academic writing assessment big ideas blogging classroom assessment techniques coaching competencies course design educational developer's portfolio educational development evaluation of teaching facilitation feedback help helping ISSoTL ISSoTL2016 leadership learner-centered teaching Liberating Structures mastermind group meetings mentorship mid-course evaluation mindfulness motivation peer review POD process consultation productivity professional growth program evaluation self-regulated learning SGIF significant conversations significant networks skills small teaching social network theory SoTL teaching teaching dossier teamwork threshold concepts workshop facilitation; facilitation

I blog about educational development, facilitation, and teaching. 

As of March 2018, I am blogging more regularly at isabeauiqbal.com (my coaching site). I will still occasionally blog here.

****

Please click on the tags at the bottom of the page (in the black shaded area) if you would like to find a post on a particular theme. For example, to find posts I have tagged with “educational development”, you would click on that word at the bottom of this page.

Photo credit: Colors by Jon Cornwell (CC BY)

Inclusive Meetings for Professionals

I recently attended “A Guide to Inclusive Meetings for Professionals” facilitated by Cicely Belle Blain (love their name!). My goal was, of course, to learn more about this topic so that I can create, host, and lead more inclusive meetings. One of my favourite ways of processing information is to write about what I’ve […]

EDC 2021 Conference Take-aways

I attended parts of the online Educational Developers Caucus Conference Celebrating, Connecting, and Caring for Ourselves in February. I challenged myself to publicly post a few take-aways from each session because I wanted to share my learning and figured this would be a good strategy to help me stay present at the sessions. Here are […]

6 tips for starting a mastermind group in higher education

Over the past few years, I have participated in and facilitated several different types of mastermind groups (MMG) within and outside of higher education. (If you are not sure what a MMG is, see my earlier post here). Most recently, I designed and co-facilitated an in-person MMG for educators in the first-year experience (FYE). The […]

Connected Teaching (short book review)

This post was written for “What we’re reading“, a feature in the UBC Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology’s Dialogues newsletter. It is a short review of “Connected Teaching” by Harriet Schwartz, PhD. **** In post-secondary teaching and learning, relationships matter. They matter as much as (and possibly more than) course design, proper use of […]

Tags