Over the last semester I have been meeting with student groups for a final look at the working draft of the mid-level plan.
I had promised students and Heads and Directors to turn my presentations into a 20-minute video that could be shared. Here it is, providing an overview of the working draft of The Intercultural Promise. To download and review the working draft of The Intercultural Promise.
The mid-level plan features six strategic goals. The first three address the core issues at UBC that contribute to intercultural barriers.
- Fostering a culture of dynamic interaction (aka. “friend-making”);
- Growing our capacity for “courageous conversations”; and
- Classroom content: Integrating intercultural understanding into the classroom experience.
We have consulted students all through the plan’s development and just want to loop back to students before we put out a more final version of the mid-level plan.
We are currently asking students the following question:
Do these strategic goals contribute to UBC students’ aspiration for an intercultural campus?
We are asking students to respond by sending thoughts and comments by email to email@example.com or through the following survey:
Here are the list of groups we have already presented to that provided an opportunity for student feedback:
- VP Students Group (June 2013)
- AMS Council (July 2013)
- Student Administrative Commission (August 2013)
- Constituency President’s Council (October 2013)
- Student Clubs at Global Lounge (October 2013)
- SAC Info Sessions (November 2013)
- UBC Board of Governors (November 2013)