Email to perspective writing partner 2

To: tom.howey@alumni.ubc.ca

From: amy.vergouwen@alumni.ubc.ca

Date: September 16, 2019

Subject: ENGL 301 Writing Team Inquiry

Attachments: 301 Amy Vergouwen Application Letter

Dear Tom,

After reviewing your application letter, I am interested in working together and creating a professional writing team for ENGL 301.

I am very impressed with the experience you have in a variety of different jobs and academic pursuits. From engineering courses to persuasive writing to presenting at the MURC, I can see how you would develop a wide range of skills and strengths. I believe we share a similarity in that we have both written in a variety of different contexts and have the ability to adapt our writing styles accordingly. I do not have much experience in slideshows presentations, so with your ability to add visuals to a presentation, I might be able to add my experience of previous technical writing at my renewable energy sales job. I think that our skills would complement each other’s and that we would work well together.

I have attached my letter of application to this email for your reference. If you would, please take a look through it let me know if you agree that we would work well together on a writing team.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Amy Vergouwen