Die Baby Die?

This ad by a British organization called Humans for Animals is trying to raise awareness of humans killing baby seals in brutal ways in arctic areas by reversing the whole situation. It illustrates that a human baby has just been brutally murdered by a seal with a stick. In my eyes, this ad has crossed the line because it’s way too brutal, cruel, and grotesque. This is a kind of ad that can create anger and frustration in public and especially among those with young kids at home or for those who have lost their kids. The ad makes a strong impression because there is a lot of blood on the stick and around the dead baby. I believe that this ad is creating a lot of attention; however, it’s so shocking that people are likely to react in a negative way to the people that created the ad rather than the issue itself which is killing baby seals.

I think Humans for Animals can address the issue in a more effective way by showing how the process of killing baby seals is really going on because dead human babies is just an issue that is way too sensitive to show to the public. This ad was banned in many countries, so it didn’t reach out to as much people as maybe they wanted to, but if the ad wasn’t that brutal maybe it wouldn’t be banned in that many countries.