The Canadian Science Policy Fellowship is accepting applications from prospective fellows interested in undertaking a year-long policy position with a Canadian government host office beginning in September 2022. Note that past and current participants in the program are not eligible.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Hold a PhD in any academic discipline at the start of the fellowship
- Participate full-time in a 12-month fellowship with the host office
- Secure accommodation in the host city and relocate to their host office as needed. (Should restrictions around COVID-19 persist, placements may have to be carried out virtually.)
- Negotiate a leave of absence from their current employer, as applicable
- Meet any additional requirements of their hosts, including (but not limited to) security clearance requirements
- Fellowships cannot be held concurrently with other Mitacs awards. If you are currently participating in a Mitacs program, whether as an intern, postdoctoral fellow, academic supervisor, or representative of a partner organization, the award term end date must be no later than August 31 of the year in which the fellowship is due to start.
Applications will be accepted until February 2, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT. For more information on the program, benefits, and the position salary, please visit the Canadian Science Policy Fellowship page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.