The University of Pennsylvania’s Master of Behavioral and Decision Sciences (MBDS) is an interdisciplinary degree informed by contemporary theories and research methods of behavioral economics, decision sciences, network analysis and public policy. This innovative program equips students with theoretical and practical tools to address a variety of real-life problems, putting them ahead of the curve in a growing field of study. The central duty of the Managing Director position is to work closely with the Faculty Director and the standing faculty of the MBDS to ensure the success of the program.
The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Recruiting and advising students in the program.
- Supporting the implementation of the Design Challenge, a program held every year to connect MBDS Industry Affiliates with students.
- Helping students secure internships and research/work experiences in companies, public institutions and consulting firms interested in behavioral science applications.
- Creating and maintaining relations with such organizations and the MBDS Board of Advisors.
- Working closely with the Managing Director of the Center for Social Norms and Behavioral Dynamics, to create partnerships with industry and non-profit organizations.
- A Master’s Degree or more is required along with 5 to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. The main degree must be in economics/social psychology/behavioral science.
- A solid appreciation for and commitment to the vision and agenda of the MBDS Program
- Excellence in program management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to contribute creatively to the growth of the MBDS Program
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to operate under pressure
- A commitment to details
- A keen appreciation and sensitivity for the special needs of the various types of students in the MBDS Program.
The job will soon be posted on the UPenn.job site. In the meantime,
interested parties can send a CV to: Megan Wilkins (firstname.lastname@example.org)