@ UBC Events News

UBC-DIBS Seminar: Behavioral Solutions & Challenges to Decarbonization (Mar 8)

Shahzeen Attair will share her research investigating questions ranging from perceptions of energy use and what energy mix do people hope we use in 2050 to mapping mental models of resource systems […]

UBC-DIBS Behavioural Insights Seminar

Friday, Mar. 8, 1-2pm PT
Register to attend on Zoom at https://bit.ly/DIBSseminars

Behavioral Solutions & Challenges to Decarbonization

Shahzeen Attari
Indiana University

Solutions to climate change rest on science, technology, political will, and public support. In this talk I will discuss efforts from our lab that aim to address problems related to human behavior, resource use, and climate change. Using methods that have strong links to environmental and psychological science, we have investigated questions ranging from perceptions of energy use and what energy mix do people hope we use in 2050 to mapping mental models of resource systems. In this talk, I will provide an overview of some research findings and a taste of our current research project that deal with climate solution narratives. I will also discuss behavioral challenges to decarbonization. I would love to engage with you all on the path forward.

The UBC-DIBS Behavioural Insights Seminar series features researchers and practitioners sharing their field and lab projects using the behavioural and decision sciences to “nudge for good”. Recordings of past seminars are available on the BI wiki here. To subscribe or unsubscribe, email dibs@sauder.ubc.ca.