Skip navigation

I watch the Superbowl because of the advertisements. They are usually put on by beer and chip companies, and 90% of the time they are hilarious. While they try to make people laugh, above all they are still trying to sell a product. Companies such as Bud Lite and Doritos use humour to market their product because it is the easiest, effective way to engage and recruit customers.

This technique is called Content marketing. Content marketing engages potential customers with information relevant to them.  The essence of this content strategy is the belief that if a company delivers consistent, ongoing valuable information to buyers, the buyers will ultimately reward the company with their business and loyalty. iTunes’ Genius Bar, which enables you to create new playlists from your stored music or to discover new tunes that you’re likely to love based on a song that you have chosen from your own iTunes collection, is a strong example of Content Marketing.

More towards TV ads, I thought I’d share this one on Carlton Beer. Simply brilliant–even if you don’t appreciate a good pint!

Carlton Draught