My Flight Path

I just landed!

I am ready to take off with this course !

I came from the pre-technology book generation, I did not grow up in North America where technology as we know it today, was noticeable to the public. I witnessed the evolution of the black board and the white chalk into white board and black marker then they have been joined with the overhead projector, then the electric projector. I have seen the days where they replaced all of them with a smart board, and then finally I am using the interactive board in my classroom. In the computer world, I have been introduced to the MS-DOS system for the first time when I was in high school. I used to store my documents on the floppy deck, then I start using the CD, then the DVD, then the external hard desk for storage, and today most of my information and photos are in the cloud.

What I want to day really, that I was always open to the use of new technology, and I was always a person who want to learn, share and explore opportunities. This course, is a very unique opportunity to be able to lean about hands-on technology. Especially when this course is focused on LMS, social technology and multimedia. Jessie Woolley-Wilson on her TEDx Talks (2012) highlighted that what would shape the future of learning is the intelligent adaptive learning when it comes to technology.

Therefore, to me I would love to the opportunity to learn the implementation, design, and organizing the activity sequencing when I learn about MLS. While I am looking to learn about more of personal protection when it comes to social software. In addition, how to setup filters that can recognize fake news from real news. On the multimedia front, I was looking forward to enhancing my students’ experience while use multimedia, especially video recording and shooting which include how to edit, special effect, and making entries and ending to their movies. And more about what is the best software to use and what is the best hardware to use when it comes to multimedia.

My final desire to learn also is how to connect real life experience to the learning practice. So, when we are in real life, how do we use Learning Management System, they reason, and the purpose behind creating it, then how to create it and then how to use it. The same goes for the social software. However, for the multimedia, we saw today that everything that you need to know, to learn, to watch, to cook, to lesson and to be entertained is done, and professionally, or semi-professionally done and can be found on the net.  And this is what most of my students want to be, I think. They want to be part of this global digital citizen.

In sum, as I was lucky enough to be part of this digital revolution that started just 4 decades ago, I am determined to learn and teach, to be a student and a teacher in for more decades to come.

Ghassan

This is what I am looking for from MET

-Blending technology and classroom learning: Jessie Woolley-Wilson at TEDxRainier.Published on Dec 17, 2012  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0TbaHimigw