In today’s class we’ll work on making our change-making algorithm more efficient using memoization. If we have time, we may also start on a 2D dynamic programming algorithm to compute the longest common substring of two strings.
Announcements for today:
- The midterm exams are graded and the grades have been published on Gradescope.
- Our final exam has been scheduled for 12:00-2:30 pm on Tuesday August 13.
- Assignment 4 has been released and is due on Tuesday.
- Your tutorial quiz is today. It’s based on question 4 of your assignment and will provide a hint to help you with that question.
- Your first reading quiz on NP-completeness is due Sunday night.
Here are today’s clicker questions.