Sponsorship Representative

This past academic year, I was nominated to be a part of the Dental Undergraduate Society (DUS) as their Dental Hygiene Degree Program (DHDP) fourth year sponsorship representative. Part of my duties as a sponsorship representative was to arrange lunch and learn sessions for my colleagues and acquire sponsorship for our community initiatives throughout the year. Informational sessions helped my colleagues and I acquire knowledge about the latest oral health products and assisted us in making informed decisions in our clinical practice and recommendations to our clients. Furthermore, it gave us the opportunity to network with those already in the dental industry and understand the business aspect of this field.

Throughout the year, I managed to coordinate numerous events for an audience of 80 to 100 students with various dental product representatives such as Oral B, GUM Sunstar, P&G, Sonic Care and WaterPik. This position has allowed me to build and maintain networks with established professionals in the dental industry.

During the Pacific Dental Conference, I had the opportunity to catch up with each of the representatives to thank and appreciate them for taking the time to visit UBC to present on their products.