Students’ praise for “Psychology of Gender”

From 2003 – 2013, I asked my Psychology of Gender, Online students to write open “Letters to Future Students.” I had two reasons for requesting these letters: first, I wanted the finishing students to pass on their study hints and lessons learned to the incoming students, and second, I wanted to read the students’ reviews of the course and my teaching methods so I could improve the course after each offering. In past years, I collected over 250 letters and comments and posted them in public forums (here and here ) for new, and potentially new students to read. I have included every letter (without exception) from my students in a pdf document (available upon request).

About

Dr. Jessica Motherwell McFarlane is a professional education consultant on gender, anti-oppression and social justice issues and a research associate at the Justice Institute of British Columbia. She is also the developer and director of the Life Outside the Box program that uses visual narratives as a way to SEE conflict and injustice from new perspectives. Jessica facilitates groups and schools needing to have complex — and sometimes emotionally painful — conversations. She offers workshops to at-risk children, youth, and adults on: Truth and Reconciliation, transforming bullying situations, and rehearsing best practices for self-care, inclusivity, and kindness.