All work and no play makes John…well…truculent, lethargic and snarky. I’m one of those strange people who gains weight in the summer, then loses it all come winter time. Every season I get a limited pass for Cypress Mountain, but for the upcoming season things are different, in no small part due to Cypress’s role as the competition venue for Snowboard and Freestyle Skiiing at the XXI Olympic Winter Games next February.
In terms of mountain operations:
- Entire mountain (alpine, cross country, tubing) closed 01 Feb-07 March.
- Roughly 40% of the alpine area closed starting sometime in December.
- 2 of 3 major parking lots closed beginning in January
Because of this, Cypress is selling its passes next year at bargain rates. For adults the options are:
- Unlimited (downhill, cross country, snowshoeing and tubing) $299 + tax
- Alpine (downhill) $259 + tax
- Nordic (cross country snowshoeing and tubing) $174 + tax
- Cross country $154 + tax
For 45$ extra I went for the Unlimited, since I go cross country skiing a few times a month.
FYI, here are the prices for lift tickets for 2008/2009 (assume they might stay the same):
- $56 Alpine Day (Open-Close)
- $45 Alpine Evening (4pm-Close)
- $36 Alpine Night owl (7pm-Close)
- $17 Nordic Day (Open-Close)
- $14 Nordic Evening (3pm-Close)
More info can be found here.