2 – 4 – 6 – 8 can you say e-val-u-ate?

Apparently many of you can. Just reviewed my evaluations for the summer offerings of 565A.  Overall folks are pleased with the course and the work Robert and I did (thanks again Rob, if you’re reading this). I, of course, zoom into the negative parts and think “am I that bad?”

No, I’m not. But there’s room for improvement in the course–and in my practice. Though some folks’ feedback makes it difficult to see the point through the snark. Or veiled homophobia, as it were. What. Ever.

In terms of the former I’ll be looking at the following as possible changes for the January offering:

• A downloadable course syllabus
  • Harmonizing the Course Intro section with the learning modules
  • Updating the assessment rubrics
  • Recalculating the overall course workload
  • Developing new cases for the small group task
  • Mmmmmaybe developing new cases for some of the weekly discussions. Especially Raj (resource issue)
  • Maybe dropping one of the cases near the end of the course, since there are two assignments due
  • Revisiting (again) how participation is assessed

As for me the lessons learned are more straightforward: 4 sections is insane, even with a TA. I think I did a good job this summer: I prefer to do an excellent one. Folks don’t seem to believe me when I say I’m harder on myself than anyone else…

About John P Egan

Learning technology professional.

2 Responses to 2 – 4 – 6 – 8 can you say e-val-u-ate?