Unit Three Reflection – Formal Report Draft

This unit was quite a learning experience as I had to prepare a draft for the formal report. When I sent out the surveys, I didn’t expect to have all my co-workers filling them out. As I was compiling data, I noticed that the new employees seemed to prefer to work in the rental department more than the strata department. This was something new to my knowledge as I thought all the new employees at my company were having a hard time learning procedures doing work assignments. I didn’t realize that the new employees from differing departments would have a different learning experience. Moreover, compiling data led me to realize that because our company is more strata focused, I only realized there was an issue with the new employees in the strata department.

Although both departments had training manuals, only the new employees from the rental department indicated that the training manual was helpful when working on assignments. After getting this data from the survey, I realized my interview questions may have been lacking and decided to meet with the senior staff I interviewed to get further information regarding this matter.

Gathering and compiling data led me to gain an in-depth understanding of my company, whereas the peer review allowed me to learn of my weaknesses. Jojo’s peer review made me realize that I am careless. For two interview questions, I decided to omit two graphs because I felt like I didn’t need to. However, from Jojo’s feedback, it was confusing that I left it out because for all other questions I had a graph to refer to. Hence, I decided to add it back in. Moreover, she pointed out that I only wrote the total of people who did my surveys, but I forgot to give the total of people from each department. Jojo’s review proved helpful when revising my formal report draft as I was writing the report in my perspective and not the reader’s. Not only did her peer review benefit me, but reviewing Jojo’s work allowed me to see how much detail there should be in the report. Her report provided a lot of background about types of dumplings which made it easy to read.  Looking at her work compared to my own, I realized I may need to add more detail to my report to make it more comprehensive.

Formal Report Draft: 301-Amy-Yung-Formal-Report-Draft