Best Works

UBC’s English 301 is an intensive writing course made to help students develop their technical writing skills. Throughout the course assignments such as writing definitions, exchanging peer reviews, and preparing professional documents are done. Here are some of my best works this term:

1. Definition Assignment
In this assignment, I chose the term “Honeypot” for an audience of high school students. This assignment was useful to develop skills to write with consideration to a specific audience.

PDF: 301-Amy-Yung-Definition

2. Peer Review of the Definition Assignment
The process of peer review is helpful in revealing one’s strength in writing and improving their weaknesses. In this peer review, I assisted my partner in writing in consideration to a specific audience.

PDF: 301-Amy-Yung-Peer-Review-Definition

3. Formal Report Proposal and Progress Report with Surveys
In my formal report proposal, I identify the problems that may contribute to the low productivity occurring at Siegle Properties and offer solutions that include providing a mentor to each new employee and implementing weekly meetings between and within departments.

Formal Report Proposal: 301-Amy-Yung-Formal-Report-Proposal

Progress Report: 301-Amy-Yung-Progress-Report

Surveys: New Employee Survey, Senior Staff Survey

4. Complaint and Response Letter
It is inevitable to have to deliver bad news in one’s professional career. In this assignment, I practice using appropriate tone and discretion when submitting a complaint in the form of a professional letter.

PDF: 301-Amy-Yung-Complaint-and-Response-Letter

5. Peer Review of Application Package
In this peer review, I assist my partner in improving the structure and content of each component in the application package.

PDF: 301-Amy-Yung-Peer-Review-Application-Package

6. Peer Review of Formal Report Draft
In this peer review, I assist my partner with writing concisely and writing with consideration to a specific audience.

PDF: 301-Amy-Yung-Peer-Review-Formal-Report-Draft