Unit Four Reflection – Creating My Web Folio

Creating my web folio was a fun and engaging process. It allowed me to review my previous assignments and witness my growth in writing.

My first step in creating my web folio was to add additional pages for my application package, LinkedIn profile, resume and best works. Adding my LinkedIn profile page was quick and easy as it was already revised based on my peer review. My application package took longer than expected because I found that there was a lot of room for improvement, such as adjusting the colors and sections to my resume and adjusting my closing section for my reference letter requests. I learned a lot from review my application package on how to write professionally when requesting reference letters. After polishing up my application package, I moved on to my resume. That was also quick and easy as I already perfected it in my application package.

My best works were saved for last as I knew it would be time-consuming since I would need to review all my previous assignments and edit them based on my peer reviews. Reviewing my best works, I saw that in my definition assignment, I had trouble writing to a specific audience. In previous courses, I was used to writing to professors who already had knowledge about my topic. Hence, it was difficult for me to write in detail with terms I already knew. As the course progressed, my next assignment saw much improvement in that area. The formal report was the opposite of the definition assignment where I needed to omit information since my target audience already has prior knowledge of my topic. I saw that my formal report draft had improvement with writing concisely and omitting unnecessary information.

After polishing up my best works, I moved on to creating an introduction for my reflections and one for my home page. Completing my web folio has given me a sense of accomplishment as it displays all the hard work I’ve done for this course. Moreover, it allowed me to reflect on what I have learned and witness my growth in writing professionally.