Reference Request Letters

Below are emails written to three of my professors whom I have worked for in the past. The emails will act as a follow up to in-person inquiry for reference. This email will supplement the in-person inquiry with further information and writing material.

Reference Request Letter #1

To: Andy Black (andrew.black@ubc.ca)

From: Brian Wang (brian.wang@alumni.ubc.ca)

Date: December 12, 2019

Subject: Request For Reference Letter

Dear Andy,

I hope you’re having a smooth end of the school year! Following up with our in-person conversation, I am wondering if you could write a reference letter for me at your convenience?

I have attached my CV below and please let me know if you need any additional information from me. I am hoping you could help me highlight my research skills (experimental design, implementation, and data analytical) gained by working in the LGR2 and general projects.

Just a reminder that the letter can be address to “To Whom It May Concern” and the address line can be left blank.

Thank you in advance and happy holidays!

Warm regards,

Brian

Reference Request Letter #2

To: Zoran Nesic (zoran.nesic@ubc.ca)

Date: December 12, 2019

Subject: Request For Reference Letter

Dear Zoran,

I hope you’re having a smooth end of the field season! Following up with our in-person conversation, I am wondering if you could write a reference letter for me at your convenience?

I have attached my CV below and please let me know if you need any additional information from me. I am hoping you could help highlight my technical skills (hardware and hardware design, infrastructure prototype, and deployment) gained by working in the LGR2 and general projects.

Warm regards,

Brian

Reference Request Letter #3

To: Mark Johnson (mark.johnson@ubc.ca)

Date: December 12, 2019

Subject: Request For Reference Letter

Dear Mark,

I have attached my CV below and please let me know if you need any additional information from me. I am hoping you could help highlight my technical skills (data capture, experimental design, sensor prototyping and deployment) gained by working in the UBC Farm SmartWater system and general projects.

Warm regards,

Brian