About Me

My name is Brian Wang and I am on the last academic term of my Bachelor of Science degree specializing in Hydrology and Meteorology (Environmental Sciences). Academically my interest lies in exploring the challenges associated with water resources management specifically water use and water quality. This includes my interest in hydrological processes that are tightly linked with meteorological processes that governs the evapotranspiration of water and greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere.

Professionally thus far, I have been involved in academic research since 2017. I was fortunate to work under Professor Andy Black (Land and Food Systems) in UBC Biometeorology and Soil Physics Group that introduced me to the Eddy Covariance technique and ignited my interest in the theory and technical aspect of climate instrumentation. Through my time there I have been managing and repairing UBC Climate Station in Totem Field for a year and half which provided continuous climate data for academic and research purposes. Currently I am working with Professor Mark Johnson (UBC Institute of Resources, Environment and Sustainability) to construct a research grade climate station in UBC Farm and explore the water use footprint of different crops that are grown. The purpose of my current research is to design a field protocol intending to capture the data in the midst of complex workflows associated with crop cleaning and processing.